MOM-NOS has tagged me for a meme. Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
First, it really is hard to think of seven salient facts about yourself — especially ones that you think others might find interesting, so I apologize in advance for those of you I am about to tag. Here we go:
1. I am a reality TV junkie (though I like to think discriminating). I love Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Dancing with the Stars. I hate The Bachelor, Top Loser, Fear Factor and all MTV shows. I am fortunate that my husband is also a hopeless junkie. Together, we watch way too much of this stuff.
2. I love to sew. I love anything and everything crafty, but not the Martha Stewart kind of crafty — she’s too much. Really. Even though I just finished reading the latest Living.
3. I have not picked up a pool cue in nearly four years and it’s doubtful I will in the next four, but there was a time in my life that I played pool (or billiards) every single day. Not only did I captain my pool team to a regional championship title, I used to be pretty good. The first time I met my husband was in a 9-ball tournament.
4. I can’t cook. I mean I can cook, but I hate it. I am uninspired. “What will I make tonight?” “Does it involve meat?” “All the meat is frozen.” “Let’s order a pizza.”
5. Aside from my very rewarding (though tiring) job of being a mom, my dream job is to be a floral designer.
6. I am not the only person in my family who has twins. My brother has identical twin girls — they are 13. What’s cool about this is that identical twins do not “run in families.” According to Wikipedia, “… [identical twins] is not considered to be a hereditary trait, but rather an anomaly that occurs in birthing at a rate of about 3 in every 1000 deliveries worldwide.”
7. Though I went to school in northern New England, I have never skied.
Okay, phew. Done! I’m tagging the following seven people. Play only if you’d like and only if you’ll have fun!