I’m still here, still around, still reading at least. Life has knocked us down a few times lately, when it rains it hails and all that. So, I have a post, I really do, I just need to find the time. Right now you say? You know it’s bad when your readers call to see what’s happened to you. If it weren’t past midnight… really folks, I have to go to bed.
Well, here are some highlights:
1. A storm came through here last week and uprooted two majestic trees in the back yard. And revealed how serious the patio sinkhole is (the one sinking towards the house and leaking water into the basement).
2. This is the last week of school which means we enter “Potty Training In A Week or Less” to prepare Sam, once and for all, for summer camp.
3. John starts a 20-hour-per-week home ABA program this weekend.
4. We had John’s IEP meeting and survived it. They are keeping him at the same school which I’ve heard is rare for the second year of preschool. They prefer to move most kids on to the public school program where there is more opportunity for interaction with NT kids. They don’t think he’s ready for the interaction part, saying he’s only “beginning to emerge.” So, a little sad about this.
4. I baked 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies for our bus drivers and aides and then found the coolest teacher gifts on etsy.com — for all 17 of them. Now I just need to make tags.
5. We applied for and received some amazing funding for both Sam’s camp and for John’s ABA program. I encourage everyone to research what’s available through their state or county’s developmental disabilities administration. We practically stumbled on this info, it doesn’t seem to be widely publicized.
And now here it is, practically tomorrow, but my first June post!