Sam and John are identical, it’s true. I watch them all the time and marvel at their similarities and differences. They began in my womb, mirror images of a thought fully formed.
- Both are left-handed, although John uses his right hand to eat.
- They both love to laugh and sing.
- Although they share the same features, the way those features express themselves on each face is delightfully unique.
- Both have the same dark freckle in the same exact spot on their back.
- They each have an unruly mop of hair.
- They both eat the same darn thing every single day.
- Each asks for a story before bed. In rotation: Dr. Seuss ABC book for John, the Children’s Encyclopedia for Sam.
Sam and John are identical, yes, but so different too.